LED lights have become the future of the lighting industry. Along with being aesthetically pleasing, LED lights are low cost, low maintenance and consume significantly less energy than other lighting options. Not only are LED lights a popular choice for interior design, they have also become one of the top choices for landscape lighting. Browse some of the frequently asked questions when it comes to outdoor LED lighting, and learn why they should be at the top of your list. Contact Pro Lighting Outdoors for a free consultation and estimate for all your outdoor building and landscape lighting needs!
LED technology is available in many traditional light bulb configurations, as well as lighting strips.
Are LED Lights Good for Outdoor Use?
In a simple answer, yes! LED lights are great for all residential and commercial outdoor lighting needs. Outdoor LED lights share the same benefits of those indoors, and are much more low maintenance than traditional lighting. In contrast to many other lighting options, LED lights are made with durable materials (no glass) that are much more capable of withstanding any severe weather conditions. They are also versatile when it comes to style, and can serve as both decorative and practical lights.
Why Do People Prefer LED Lights Over Other Types?
There are a few advantages that LED lights have over other options that make them a top choice for outdoor lighting:
- Brighter Lighting – LED lights are much brighter than traditional lighting and will help to better highlight your property features.
- Energy Efficiency – LED technology turns electricity directly into light using a semiconductor without wasting the heat and energy that traditional lights do. This will help decrease your monthly energy costs. Learn more about the energy-efficiency of LED lights by clicking here.
- Longer Lifespan – LED lights are known to have a longer life. The less burnouts, the less maintenance.
- Color-Changing Technology – LED lights allows you to get creative with your space by altering the lighting color. You can conveniently change the color of your LED lights just by a simple click of a button, creating different moods for different settings.
Are LED Lights Bright Enough for a Flood Light?
Yes. LED lights are a great option for flood lights because they emit a higher number of lumens than traditional lights. Flood lights are typically installed for security purposes and require brighter light. On average, flood lights require a higher number of lumens in order to work efficiently (the brighter the light is, the more lumens will be emitted).
Can LED Light Strips Be Used Outdoors?
Choosing the correct LED light strips is the key. Weatherproof/waterproof LED light strips are great for highlighting features of your property while also providing additional outdoor security.
Here are a few examples of how you can showcase LED strips in your outdoor living space:
- Highlight Your Stairs – Outdoor stairs that lead to your doorways or patio spaces can be tricky to see when it’s dark. LED strips can be positioned under the stair treads to highlight the steps in a subtle, but effective, way.
- Outline a Flower Bed – When the sun goes down, LED strips that outline your flower beds will allow you to continue to enjoy the beauty of your backyard at all times of the night.
- Illuminate Your Pathways – LED strips are the perfect way to outline pathways in your yard at nighttime to avoid any trips or accidents.
Can I Leave My LED Lights on All Night Long?
Absolutely. LED lights are actually an excellent choice if you are wanting to leave your lights on for long periods of time. This is because all LED lights have a very low power usage and do not produce as much heat as traditional lights do when left on for long amounts of time. If you are looking for lights that you do not have to worry about, LED is the choice for you.
What Is the Lifespan of LED Lights?
One of the best perks of LED lighting is how long they can last. The average lifespan of LED lights is 20,000 to 50,000 hours. For a better picture, if you are using your lights for 8 hours a day, this would equal out to 17 years, which would be 30 times longer than traditional light bulbs.
Jacksonville’s #1 Landscape Lighting Company
Pro Lighting Outdoors, LLC is a premier outdoor and landscape lighting installation company, serving homeowners and businesses in the Jacksonville & St. Augustine, Florida areas. If you are considering landscape lighting for your home, contact Pro Lighting Outdoors today to schedule a consultation – (904) 924-4496.